Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Weekly Chinese Class @ Pasir Ris

I rushed to Pasir Ris after work. Sigh, I had to take a cab in the end as the bus was moving so slowly...........I didnt want to be too late. The kids were waiting for me :( I concluded that Pasir Ris is indeed too far..esp., during peak hours!!!! In the end, I was 10 minutes late :(!!! At that moment, I wished I could ride a motorcycle!! Haaa..
So the class started again. We read a new passage in the textbook about the Mother of
Mencius moving house three times for the sake of young Mencius. . . . . The class ended with some sort of 'UNO' word game. I was glad that they seemed to enjoy the game (and they played very seriously). They commented that Chinese classes was boring for them in the past (by another teacher) ..NO GAMES!!!! I really hope I can make the classes more interesting for them :) ...and more students join the class..i really hope so!!!

Honestly speaking, I have been cracking my head to invent new games for them. Right now, I am making a memory card game for learning 'cheng yu' (Chinese idioms). It is a modified version of the memory game that I used to play as a child.

However, lots of time and effort (and some money) are needed to produce these game sets!!! I think I should sell these games to schools haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*I love my jobS :) *


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Esther,
I did not know you were a chinese teacher ! I'm really glad to read that.
Your students are really lucky to have you as teacher !
It looks a but tiring, so 加油!!!

6/20/2006 02:01:00 am  
Blogger mummyesther said...

:) xie xie ni!

8/14/2006 04:58:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home