EL2111 Historical Variation in English
Dearest EL2111,
I wanna tell you something..After spending one semester with you...I realised that ............
you are a good friend ..I really like most parts of you..So you better not let me down. (this is a warning!)
I got to know 2 interesting individuals thru you..Dr Peter Tan and Dr Glenn Toh.
Sorry that i didn't fall in love with you..because I really love someone else so much that I cannot say I love you. Ooops, i just said it!
Anyway..today I read the lecture notes that talked about you. Most were interesting but alas, i fell asleep when it came to the Middle English, Norman Conquest, etc ..You know, i dislike wars. I was more interested in the linguistic influence and impact anyway. Tomorrow,..oh I mean later, i will try to read the textbook and do some past year papers. Oh I dislike the textbook if I have to read it because of the exam..but i don't mind reading it as a vacation reading material.
By the way, I found a very interesting book about you..Do you happen to know David Crystal? I think he is a great guy,yeah~ I think you knew him before I did because I have some impression that his book was on the recommended reading list..ya, that LONG list. I never knew a book that was listed there can be so entertaining (to me!)...But I don't have time to read it leisurely now. So, i read it when I am bored or when I don't feel like doing anything else. No, please don't think that I am betraying you. That lovely book is very related to you..I just wanna know more about you. Don't say it is too late now. It is never too late and late is better than never. I always tell my student that..so I believe in it(crap.)~ Praise me for the effort!
Please, please EL2111, come into my dream before this wed 9am and tell me something about the examination questions! Which part of the Midsummer Night's dream will be tested? How about the 30 marks essay? Please ...give me some clues. You know, you know, i am not 'an exam person'.. I won't mind another ' People ultimately get the kind of languages they need'-kind of essay..but you know how much I dread examinations..even tho I am considered an experienced examination candidate. I freak out 99.999% of the time..Examinations are ...tortures. Oh sorry, I shouldn't bother you with all these. I apologise or if you like it, I apologize. or Sorry lah, minta maaf...gomen nasai...dui bui chi....sorrie lah.......
So..come into my my dreams now..come on in! I'm waiting for you..on my bed! :p
mari! cepat-cepat~~(Singlish translation: Come quick quick lah!)..oh yes, do you know.. I am so mad about Malay..n its variations...
I wanna tell you something..After spending one semester with you...I realised that ............
you are a good friend ..I really like most parts of you..So you better not let me down. (this is a warning!)
I got to know 2 interesting individuals thru you..Dr Peter Tan and Dr Glenn Toh.
Sorry that i didn't fall in love with you..because I really love someone else so much that I cannot say I love you. Ooops, i just said it!
Anyway..today I read the lecture notes that talked about you. Most were interesting but alas, i fell asleep when it came to the Middle English, Norman Conquest, etc ..You know, i dislike wars. I was more interested in the linguistic influence and impact anyway. Tomorrow,..oh I mean later, i will try to read the textbook and do some past year papers. Oh I dislike the textbook if I have to read it because of the exam..but i don't mind reading it as a vacation reading material.
By the way, I found a very interesting book about you..Do you happen to know David Crystal? I think he is a great guy,yeah~ I think you knew him before I did because I have some impression that his book was on the recommended reading list..ya, that LONG list. I never knew a book that was listed there can be so entertaining (to me!)...But I don't have time to read it leisurely now. So, i read it when I am bored or when I don't feel like doing anything else. No, please don't think that I am betraying you. That lovely book is very related to you..I just wanna know more about you. Don't say it is too late now. It is never too late and late is better than never. I always tell my student that..so I believe in it(crap.)~ Praise me for the effort!
Please, please EL2111, come into my dream before this wed 9am and tell me something about the examination questions! Which part of the Midsummer Night's dream will be tested? How about the 30 marks essay? Please ...give me some clues. You know, you know, i am not 'an exam person'.. I won't mind another ' People ultimately get the kind of languages they need'-kind of essay..but you know how much I dread examinations..even tho I am considered an experienced examination candidate. I freak out 99.999% of the time..Examinations are ...tortures. Oh sorry, I shouldn't bother you with all these. I apologise or if you like it, I apologize. or Sorry lah, minta maaf...gomen nasai...dui bui chi....sorrie lah.......
So..come into my my dreams now..come on in! I'm waiting for you..on my bed! :p
mari! cepat-cepat~~(Singlish translation: Come quick quick lah!)..oh yes, do you know.. I am so mad about Malay..n its variations...

3 Comments:
What a touching letter! haha!~~ Are you alright?
S
i am okay! juz talking to my dear EL2111. have gotta spend a day with her now..
Old English, Middle english, Early modern english, Non-anglo englishes....and company~ i am coming now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home